Sunday, June 10, 2007

Response from Herb Peters


Dear Peter,

Thanks for your question on the drug war.

I agree with you that the drug war is a failure. I will work to repeal this bad law.

I agree with you on drugs financing inner city gangs and that these are “victimless” crimes. We could save 60% of our jail space for real criminals – WHEN we get rid of this bad law.

Our former Congress Woman, Juanita–Millender Mc Donald, accused the Federal Government (the CIA) of participation in sales of these “illegal” drugs.

I suspect that the CIA continues to sell drugs – and that the federal government keeps them illegal to keep the prices high.

I share that one of my sons is a drug addict and a “victim” of the drug war. He has been to jail several times; he says the drugs are available in prison!

He is a sick person and needs help – not jail. I have done my best to help him and I pray for him every day.

Herb Peters

No comments: